Google Play is a hugely successful business which has begun growing a device retail business. I’ve joined as a Product Manager helping to mature and grow that ecommerce offering.
- Develop a vision and systems strategy for the physical retail business
- Grow and structure the Product Management team working on Google Play Hardware
- Manage and lead the execution of large scale back-end systems projects
- Iterate and drive the improvement of the customer facing store interfaces
Zappos is the leading online retailer of footwear and apparel and a subsidiary of Amazon.com. I was ran the Product Management teams responsible for retail systems. Functional areas included: merchandise financial planning, demand forecasting, purchasing, vendor relations, pricing, item planning, assortment planning, and product master data (including content).
- Built and grew a team of Product Managers with the goal of delivering world class retail systems
- Leveraged retail industry experience to build a strategic vision and roadmap for Zappos retail systems
- Evangelized the retail systems vision in order to obtain broad support from stakeholders
- Drive implementations using rapid iterations and prototypes to ensure quick delivery of value
- Implemented support and operational processes to increase reliability and efficiency
- Won 3rd place in the Zappos programming contest
A leading footwear and apparel retailed in South Africa embarked on a broad initiative to improve retail planning and optimization by implementing various Oracle Retail systems. I was engaged to lead the project teams for several streams on this successful project.
- Overall lead of a large cross-functional team organized into four execution teams enabling a large and complex implementation from inception to roll-out
- Functional areas included merchandise financial planning, size optimization, demand forecasting, inventory optimization, and integration with existing Oracle retail systems
- Carefully managed stakeholder communications and interactions in a politically charged environment
- Responsible for overall analysis, design, build (including offshore), quality assurance and eventually roll-out
A leading apparel and grocery retailer in South Africa launched a program to implement Oracle Financials across various business units. I was engaged to lead the efforts related to integration with the existing Oracle ERP systems as well as the complex data conversion from legacy financial systems.
- Project estimation and planning which resulted in project approval and ultimately a successful implementation and delivery of the business case
- Built and lead the teams responsible for delivering the data conversion and complex system integrations
- Highest Accenture performance ratings and promoted early to Manager
A leading retailer launched a large project to improve retail business processes and systems across central merchandising, business intelligence and store systems. I contributed broadly across the supply chain, store, and central merchandising aspects of this successful project.
- Design, testing and system support of the implementations supporting softlines, foods, and store processes
- Developed several key support and analysis tools which were widely adopted and greatly improved the efficiency of operational and system support teams
Majored in Computer Science as well as Business Science. Won class medal (top student) for Computer Science during honors year. Awarded academic scholarships through high school and university.
I am passionate about technology and programming so I'm very excited to be at Google which is a real mecha for cutting edge technology. I also love the outdoors and in particular running everything up to marathons. I enjoy travel and I spent 8 months traveling in Southeast Asia and South America during 2010.