- In 1971 Juliane Köpcke was in a plane that broke apart 3km above the Amazon jungle
- She found herself in free fall while still strapped into a row of seats – she remembers seeing the jungle spinning below her
- She landed in thick jungle and lost consciousness
- She woke up the next morning with cuts, concussion and a broken collarbone as her only injuries
- She knew that her best hope was to follow a river downstream which she did for 10 days despite her injuries and having almost no food
- Eventually she was found and rescued by Peruvian loggers
That’s pretty amazing stuff!