I just read that both Madame Zingara’s and Carlucci’s are going under. This is highly unfortunate because both are great restaurants.
- Zingara’s owes more than R1 million in unpaid rent
- The owners say this is only a cash flow crisis and that their UK tour will bring in the necessary cash
- Carlucci’s has debts of about R3 million
- The two existing branches were bought in 2005 and the new owner started an expansion campaign, opening several new branches
- It seems the cost of this expansion has put them into serious difficulty
Hopefully buyers step in or the owners can escape bankruptcy.
Get more information here.