The weather was great on Sunday so I decided to try out a new hike. See the map below for the route I took (click for a more interactive map).
It was a cool hike although pretty steep at times and quite long – I would say count on about 3.5 to 4 hours. There was a noticeable difference between the mainstream and lesser known routes up the mountain.
On the route up the back side of the mountain I saw:
- Two other hikers having a quiet lunch
On the route down Platteklip gorge I saw:
- About 100 exchange students
- A whole British rugby team
- Some Americans struggling along in their jeans and slops
- An American girl who was hiking in her bra and shorts
- An Italian girl hiking in bikini bottoms and a t-shirt
Check out some of the pics I took below.