Photoshop is the image editing software available. Over 3 million copies have been sold, and it’s expensive so I can only imagine how many pirated copies are installed.
This is a short history of the origins of Photoshop.
- The software was developed in the 80’s by John Knoll (with the help of his brother Thomas).
- The earliest version had no user interface – you had to type in commands.
- Early versions were completely in black and white.
- John couldn’t find anyone who wanted to sell Photoshop. Eventually a company selling scanners licensed it.
- Things only really took off when Adobe got hold of the software and released it in 1990